Thursday, November 6, 2014

Countdown to Half Marathons!

Our long-awaited girls weekend in Las Vegas is almost here! The weekend is focused around the Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon that we are running Sunday afternoon. I think we are going to a show of some sort Sunday night or Monday night - but the Michael Jackson show isn't available AND Britney is on hiatus. Sad... I'm hoping for a Cirque show, maybe Ka or O? Regardless, I'm excited for a few days away, running a race (another state to check off on my list - I have this goal to run at least a half marathon in every state), getting dressed up and going out with the girls - it should be fantastic.

Two days after we get back, I fly out to Annapolis for another half (and ANOTHER state to check off!) and visiting someone special. I've never been to Maryland and I'm excited beyond words. I get to visit the US Naval Academy, which I'm very pumped to see. And the after race party include oysters and beer - its like they designed this race for me! It will definitely be tough to come home after my travels... after the trips, I'm done with races for awhile and I can start that off season training I've been thinking and toying with in my head.

Speaking of off season training and my goals - I've been actively trying to eat better. I made this amazing turkey pumpkin chili in the slow cooker over the weekend - really healthy and good for about 7 meals. I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I'm beginning to like cooking... I must be ill. I instituted "pancake sunday" in my house for Jazz and I - I had this unopened box of Fiber One buttermilk pancake mix and thought, what the hell. They were surprisingly good, so the following weekend, I attempted waffles - even better. This Sunday I'm leaning toward trying pumpkin pancakes. I'm drooling just thinking about it, and I have turkey bacon to boot. One day I hope to have someone to share "pancake sunday" with, but in the mean time, princess Jazz and I are doing pretty well on our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment